Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting Old

I just realized this week that I am 26. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I guess I just forgot that when you have a birthday you are a year older. Remember when we were young and we thought that if you were in your 20s you were really old...and we laughed at them for thinking they were still young....well, I am officially one of the really old people who thinks she is really young...well on my way to 30. So sad....

That being said, Parker always knows how to brighten my day. Within the last week he has started clapping, playing patty cake, and dancing. I was washing the bottles (my most hated chore) last week and Parker was in the kitchen playing in his highchair while Jereme was watching "Walk the Line" in the den. Well, that song "Get Rythm" was on and I turned to check on Parker and he was dancing his little butt off. I guess the music really moved him, lol. Since then, he dances all the time. He really gets into it now, and it looks more like a bobble head doll than actually dancing but it is really cute. I am going to try my best to get it on video, but in true child fashion he never does anything when I actually want him to do it. He is trying so hard to crawl now, and it really makes him mad that he can't do it yet. Hopefully it is coming soon!

I try so hard to be really neat and clean when I'm feeding Parker, but he just does not cooperate with me. This is what he always looks like in the end....

I decided that I am going to start adding a little known fact about me....LKFAJ (little known fact about Jeannie). So here is the one for this week....

LKFAJ: If you are close to me you already know this...but I HATE and I mean H A T E dirty feet. I always wear socks and house shoes when I'm at home. Before I get out of bed I put a pair of socks on, crazy I know. But it really makes my skin crawl when my feet get dirty. If I decide to wear sandals for the day, I always wash my feet as soon as I get home. It really upsets me when I see somebody with really dirty feet too. People question how I am going to be with Parker as he gets older "little boys need to run around bare foot". But, I really don't know if I can let him do it. I know that it is OCD, but I really can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment